Build confidence to lead authentically
You are about to start a leadership role, or you have recently started leading, and you know you have the potential to make a significant impact. How do you prepare yourself for a leadership role so that you can lead effectively and authentically?
The Leadership Fundamentals course is an exciting and encouraging opportunity to develop leadership ability and understand how to do the basics well. You will learn the “job description” for leadership and build a realistic set of expectations. The course will help you to work from your personal strengths and gifting and develop your own style of leadership. Through the use of simulations, you will be able to practice leadership skills, gain confidence and enjoy the leadership experience.
How you benefit
- Purpose and values: Gain a clear understanding of purpose and vision. Build a values “hand rail” to help guide leadership decisions.
- Team relationships: Know how to develop professional relationships with team members characterised by clear communication and expectations.
- Collaboration: Get better at breaking silos and working with other teams.
- Opportunity focus: Become competent at solving problems with your team and identifying opportunities.
- High performance: Know how to get sustainable, high-quality performance from your team.
- ILM Certificate: Receive an ILM recognised development programme certificate for attending the course.
The Leadership Fundamentals course is suitable for those about to start a leadership role or those who have just started a leadership role. It is also suitable for those wanting to refresh their skills after a period of leading. The course provides an ideal foundation for those going on to our ILM Leadership Qualification programme.
This practical course enables participants to experience hands-on leadership from day one. We cover the full remit of leadership skills throughout the week using challenging and engaging exercises. This method provides the opportunity to practice taught skills.
Our trainers facilitate group reviews, feedback sessions and informal coaching sessions to ensure maximum learning opportunities. At the end of the course, you will undergo an individual coaching session to review your performance and identify a development plan.