Maersk Oil & QP Challenge
Inter-company challenge event
Red Rock International designed and delivered the Maersk Oil & QP Challenge from 2012 – 2015.
Through an epic challenge, we raised awareness on diabetes – a disease which affects 17% of the adult population in Qatar. Teams from over 30 companies have taken part and helped to spread the message as well as improving their personal health.
Red Rock delivered an end-to-end solution, bringing together event design, management, delivery and communications. The service delivery included creating and managing a challenge website and social media presence, and recruiting and selecting teams.
- Raise money in support of their initiative, Action on Diabetes
- Increase awareness of the causes of diabetes and benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Bring together the energy sector in Qatar for industry networking and high quality team and leadership development
- Turn-key solution
- $400,000 USD raised over 4 events
- Widespread coverage in national press and television
- Active social media following before, during and after the challenge
- The Maersk Oil and QP Challenge has been recognised as a high-quality development experience for teams, with companies such as Qatargas using the challenge as part of their development training for high-potential national staff.