EBDA Student Leadership Development Programme
Student Leadership Development Programme
The EBDA programme focused on building leadership skills in students through experiential learning, skills training, team challenges and personal development.
Building on an previous successful RRI delivered programme, a partnership was formed between RRI, Maersk Oil and Qatar Foundation and 9 universities. This became the EBDA programme which ran between 2014 and 2016.
Red Rock International co-ordinated the programme and was the main delivery partner for:
- EBDA Institutes: Leadership development in practical experiential workshops
- WALQ (We Are Leaders Qatar): Adventure-based personal development journeys
- 2015 – Kilamanjaro expedition
- 2016 – Qatar desert expedition
- EBDA Desert Challenge: 2-day team and leadship challenge with coaching
- Practical training for staff, graduates & students to be facilitators, mentors and marshals
The various elements of the EBDA leadership development Programme demanded a desire to learn and be challenged, strong teamwork and communication, strategic planning skills, focus and stamina and, above all, determination to acheive the best outcome possible.
- Develop future leaders from Qatar’s students
- Partner with the leading universities in Qatar
- Offer world-class training for Qatari and expatriate students
- Develop students’ life skills and increase their employability
- Hundreds of students engaged in leadership development activities across Qatar’s leading universities
- The EBDA programme succeeded in accelerating students’ development
- Widespread coverage in national press and television
- Active social media following from students and stakeholders