BG Energy Challenge
An industry leading event
From 2006 – 2013 we worked BG Kazakhstan in partnership to co-deliver the Energy Challenge for seven years. The close working relationship and flexibility allowed RRI to accommodate some unusual requests such as theming one challenge stage around each competitor wearing a fruit costume. These were produced by a social enterprise linked to the charity recipient: the Astana Disabled Children’s Society.
The Energy Challenge evolved over the years with increasing strategy and ingenuity in the design to challenge teams who were keen to return year after year. Some of the challenge themes included:
– Protecting Kazakhstan’s water resources
– Oil and gas exploration and extraction
– Energy efficiency and alternative energy
Build projects were a successful feature of the challenges and our designers stretched themselves to create new concepts each year. These included oil pumps, electricity generators, a tent made from plastic sheets and water pipe (which was recycled into a catamaran) and the famous bike-boat.
- To position BG as a central player in the Kazakh energy industry placing them alongside the largest energy companies
- To contribute towards needs in the local community
- To bring together the energy industry for networking
- To develop visibility and relationship with government stakeholders
- To develop the BG Kazakhstan Astana team
- BG Kazakhstan’s profile was raised in the industry and with government stakeholders
- The BG Energy Challenge became established as the industry’s leading networking and team development event
- Widespread TV and media coverage of the event including in-depth pieces by members of the press team which competed each year
Explore more case studies...
The EBDA programme was a collaboration between RRI, universities and a company’s CSR initiative. It focused on building leadership skills in students through a diverse programme that included experiential learning, skills training, team challenges, expeditions and personal development.